Monday, November 28, 2005

Sometimes Things Aren't So Smooth

Moreton Island - home of dolphin feeding and sandboarding - was on my agenda for today, but the tour operators had canceled the trips on account of the forecast for storms yesterday. Bummer. I really wanted to sandboard. Oh well, there's always beer for consolation!

I booked a couple of spots on the XXXX/Castlemaine brewery tour, but it turned out Andrew couldn't make it due to family commitments. No biggie, I'll go by myself, right?

Well, I spent 20 minutes frantically searching for my wallet, and eventually found it at the internet cafe where I'd left it after my last check-in. Oops. Luckily, the money and credit cards are still all in there. Unfortunately, I missed the train I needed to catch to Milton for the brewery tour. Oh well. There's always Wednesday afternoon.

In the meantime, I've booked a room at the Sun and Surf in Surfer's Paradise for tomorrow night, as well as a cheap flight to Queenstown when I'm in New Zealand, so at least the coming week is starting to shape up. Now I've just gotta figure out what to do tonight. This Canadian with a massively pierced-up face has challenged me to a pool tournament at the Down Under Bar, which is fine, but I was hoping to see a little more Brisbane nightlife besides the crazy backpacker bar. Maybe I'll hustle some money and go out on the town in style. Yeah, right.

No comments:

Post a Comment