Saturday, November 19, 2005

More of the Same

I think I've fallen into a rut in Noosa, albeit a nice one. Wake up early, soak up some sun, take an afternoon nap, and spend the evening with friends.

After yet another nap on the veranda, we gathered on the pool deck at Damo and Ange's place for an evening barbecue. The whole Aussie "barbie" thing is NOT a stereotype, as recounting all the mentions of BBQ on this trip would prove. There was an entire cow grilled last night, and I walked off with a shiny new leather coat. Ok, we didn't literally roast an entire cow, but we did have to toast Bessie for her humongous sacrifice to the grill gods.

For many, it was the last night in town before heading home. I'll see some of them next week, but others I may not see again for years. Not the cheeriest thought, but it was good to have everyone together nonetheless.

I called it an early night and was in bed by 11:00. Miracles never cease.

No comments:

Post a Comment