Monday, November 14, 2005

A Pain That I'm Used To

I went to bed with aspirations to go to the beach and veg out today. I woke up in intense pain. My rib hurts, my muscles are sore, my nose is sunburned, and my left foot is swollen up like a rump roast due to some sort of bug bite. None of this is really new, but having been hit with all of these before, I know better than to go put myself out.

No, no, today is laundry day. And for some reason, I'm excited about it.

I think it's the domestic feeling of doing laundry at the house - not the full-service laundrette down the street - that feels so nice. I feel like less of a tourist and more like I'm living here a (very) short while, and it brings some sense of normalcy to what has otherwise been a fairly hectic trip.

My load is in the dryer, I don't have anywhere to be, and - best of all - the damn flies have gone. Now if only I could kill this pain. Hmm, I think I have a six-pack of Toohey's in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment