Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Another Soggy Arrival

My streak of international arrivals has NOT been broken. No matter what time of year it is, no matter what a sunny destination, when I arrive in a new country, it rains. Sydney, Australia is no exception, and neither was my waypoint in Auckland.

I hoped to escape the dreary gloom of San Francisco for sunny skies and bronzed bodies on beaches, instead I had the thrill of a Boeing 777 fishtail around on the runway a bit.

Still, it's good to be here. I've got my travel pass, my Aussie mobile # (please ask if you need it, I've got zillions of minutes), and am all set up in a charming little hostel in Kings Cross called the Pink House, which is, umm, pink.

I'm still a bit assed out after the 18 hours of flying time, but ready to have some fun... if the weather clears up. In the meantime, I'll be figuring out what the hell I want to do with my week here, catching up with some friends, and making the most of this expensive, expensive town.

1 comment:

  1. When i saw your post's title, i thought maybe you took too many ambien's and pissed yourself in your seat.
    glad to hear it's only rain. and fook, that's sure a pucker when the plane goes sideways when landing, not a good feeling 'tall.
    welcome to down under, Bruce.

    ReplyDelete