Monday, December 05, 2005

Speed Addict in Withdrawal

The aforementioned bungy jump was incredible, but it wasn't quite enough. I rocked up to nZone and signed up for a 12,000 foot skydive so I could end the trip with a bang. Well, hopefully not a bang, but a whoooosh! Unfortunately, the weather turned to shit this afternoon and they canceled all jumps.

Needless to say, I am so bummed. The jump was going to be the crowning achievement of the trip, but mother nature simply would not cooperate.

Big ol' refund in hand, I consoled myself with some retail therapy, taking care of my own interests and buying goodies for everyone at home. I still feel like crap about not being able to take the dive, but at least the money ended up going toward some tangible shit, instead of 45 seconds of freefall.

Still, I'd savor one more second of freefall if I could. The folks back home better be up for a skydive sometime in the near future. You know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment