Thursday, January 04, 2007

Menace to Sobriety

I'm not sure if it's the coffeeshops or the bruin cafes. Or two weeks of vacation. I must be losing it.

So far today I've purchased some hair styling creme made from mangos, an Amsterdam rain poncho for my bike, and a striped, super-thick fleece-lined wool jacket with a big, elvin poofball hat thingy hanging off of it. Damn Albert Cuypmarket.
Further lack of sense made J and I try to go local and eat some raw herring with onions and pickles. Nasty, I know, but it had to be done, right? The folks at the herring stand laughed and they watched as a couple of idiot Yanks tried to eat their pungent local food. It actually wasn't at all bad. It's just... a bit much for my delicate palate. I got through a bit of it and tossed the rest for some lucky cat to find.

Two days of holiday left to get my sense of judgement back. Ouf!

No comments:

Post a Comment